A graduate of this program should be able to:
- Recognize the major printing processes and their products as well as the advantages of each process.
- Demonstrate the skills needed for entry-level positions (as advanced trainees) in the following areas: layout and design, copy preparation, desktop publishing, film assembly and plate processing, direct to plate applications, press operations and bindery operations.
- Assess personal strengths and limitations in various areas of the graphic arts.
- Demonstrate good work habits: promptness to class, willingness to work, and the ability to accept supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of equipment and use appropriate safety precautions.
- Understand the various production departments and the contributions each makes to the finished product.
- Write clear, concise, legible, and accurate technical reports using standard English.
- Demonstrate skill in basic verbal communication
- Solve basic math problems related to printing operations.