Thaddeus Stevens College of technology brick sign on main campus

Campus Map

Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology offers teaching and learning opportunities at five primary locations in Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Main Campus, Greiner Advanced Manufacturing Center, Griscom Education Center, Thaddeus Stevens College at Greenfield, and the Transportation Center. Information on each location is below.

Main Campus

750 E. King St., Lancaster, PA 17602

Main Campus Buildings

The Academic Center is on the third floor of the Learning Resource Center

Academic Center

The College Academic Center provides students with a location to obtain educational advice and assistance Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Academic Coaches are available to support student needs. In addition, materials and presentations are available to support student learning; topics include how to study, how to take tests, how to deal with stress and other topics for enhancing student learning. The Academic Center is located in the Learning Resources Center (LRC) on floor 3F.

Math and English Labs are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday. On Sundays, tutors are available from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Lab entrances are just before the entrance to the LRC, through the gray steel door on the right.

Alumni House

Alumni House

The Alumni House is a two-story brick home that sits adjacent to the campus on East End Avenue. It was purchased in the 1990s and renovated as the Alumni house/office; renovations were completed in 1995. It was originally the home of Superintendent John C. Stauffer; he was superintendent from 1941 until 1966. The Alumni House hosts several staff offices in the Office of Advancement.

Armstrong Hall

Armstrong Hall

Armstrong Hall, when completed in 1976, was known as West Hall; it was renamed Armstrong Hall in 2000. It currently houses up to 150 students in double rooms.

Bevilacqua Football Stadium at Thaddeus Stevens College

Bevilacqua Stadium

Bevilacqua Stadium is a Historic Portion of the campus. It was dedicated to Richard Bevilacqua in 1989; he was a long-time coach and instructor. The original field was completed in 1935. In 1964, the Track and Football Field was moved to make room for a new shop building. The new all-weather track and football field was completed in 1967.

Bourne Hall

Bourne Hall

Bourne Hall was completed in 1967, and named Cottage E; in 1976, it was renamed Bourne Hall. It houses up to 28 students in single rooms.

Brenner Hall

Brenner Hall

Brenner Hall was completed in 1931 and originally known as ‘Cottage C’. It was named Brenner Hall in 1976, when many buildings on campus were dedicated. For a time, it was used as the Alumni House, then converted back to a residence hall in the early 1990s. Today it houses inclusive residence rooms. Brenner Hall also houses the Nurse’s Office on the first floor, as well as the Accessibility Office and Thad’s Food Pantry and Clothing Closet.


Hartzell Building

The Hartzell Building is a one-story brick building completed in 1978, which includes classrooms and the offices for Admissions, the Registrar, Career Services, Financial Aid, the Workforce and Economic Development Center, and Institutional Performance and Assessment.

Herrington Hall

Herrington Hall

Herrington Hall was completed in 1976 and known as ‘East Hall’. It was renamed Herrington Hall in 1999.

House of Champ college store

House of Champ College Store

The College Store is located at the side of the Alumni House, immediately adjacent to the main campus across the parking lot of Kreider. The store offers items that reflect the pride and colors of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology. Some items that can be purchased are T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, ball caps, and sweaters. Many of the items display the logo of the Thaddeus Stevens College bulldog, the official mascot.

Jones Dining Hall

Jones Dining Hall

Thaddeus Stevens College has a spacious, comfortable dining hall that serves 19 meals a week. The dining hall is closed during official school recesses and during the summer, except for the summer college-level education programs from late June to early August. Tuition students can buy meals on a cash basis or purchase a five- or seven-day meal plan. The one-story brick building was completed in 1978. Jones Dining Hall was built adjacent to the site of the original power plant and smokestack which were demolished in 1971. There is a large conference room at the front of the building and a dining room in the rear. It is adjacent to Memorial Park.


Kreider Building

Kreider Building is a two-story brick building that has undergone many renovations over the years. The Kreider Building was built in 1909 and known as the “shop building” or the “old shop” building before it was renamed to Kreider Building in 1976. A wing was added in 1914 by the students. Currently, it houses the Computer Network Systems Administration, Electronic Engineering Technology, and Electro-Mechanical Technology programs.

Learning Resource Center

Learning Resources Center (LRC)

The Kenneth W. Schuler Learning Resources Center (LRC) is open to all members of the College community. Its purpose is to provide the information, resources, and services necessary to support the educational mission of the College.

The library provides access to traditional resources in the LRC facility during posted operating hours and offers access to a variety of electronic formats 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the library’s home page,

There are computers loaded with Microsoft Office applications and specialized technical software available for student use in the library. Each student is provided with a personal computer account and has access to the internet, e-mail, and library resources from any computer or computer hookup on campus. Additionally, there are group study rooms with AV equipment and internet connections for students to use. The library also offers wireless connection capabilities. In addition to the library, the facility includes a seminar room, and two tutoring labs—math and English—as well as the computer information classroom/lab, and faculty and staff offices. The Academic Center is also housed here.

All are housed in a 36,000-square foot facility located in the center of campus.

Leonard Building

Leonard Building

The Leonard Building is a one-story brick building that was completed in 1949. At that time, it was known as the “New Shop Building.” The name was changed to the Leonard Building during the 1970s. It was renovated in early 2024 and now houses Carpentry Technology.

Maintenance Building

Maintenance Building

The Maintenance Building was completed in 1974 as a boiler and supply building. It now houses all physical plant materials for the College.

Memorial Park

Memorial Park

A lovely idyllic setting that creates a pleasing view for anyone who sets foot in the park. Located adjacent to Jones Dining Hall.

Metzger Hall

Metzger Hall

Metzger Hall was completed in 1967 and named Cottage D. In 1976, it was renamed Metzger Hall. The Women’s Center is located on the ground floor of Metzger Hall (women’s residence hall).

Interior MAC

Multipurpose Activity Center (MAC)

The 61,000-square foot Multipurpose Activity Center features a spacious gymnasium with a primary basketball arena, flanked by courts on either side. Two racquetball courts, an elevated 110-meter track, several coaching offices, a training center, extensive locker room facilities, and seating for approximately 2,000 highlight the center. The MAC also includes a state-of-the-art cardio area with an extensive array of free weights and a separate circuit training area, composed of numerous pin-loaded machines.

Mellor Building

Mellor Building

This was the first campus building, completed in 1908. It is an imposing 4 story red brick building with a wide front porch and a clock tower. Thaddeus Stevens students completed renovations to the clock tower in 1993, installing carillons. It was known as the ‘Main Building’ until 1976 when the name changed to Mellor Administration Building.

Currently used as an administration building, the main floor includes the office of the President, Academic Affairs, Student Services, Communications, and the Business Office. There is classroom space on the upper floors and the lower level houses Human Resources and our DEI office.

Schwalm building

Schwalm Building

The Schwalm Student Center is one of the focal points of student activity on the main campus. Completely renovated by Thaddeus Stevens College students, the center boasts three floors, offering some of the following attractions: TVs, snack machines, foosball, snack area with microwaves, drink machines, lounge/study areas, the Campus Grill, and private offices for student-led activities. The Grill is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sundays from 4 to 6 p.m.


Snyder Building

The Snyder Building was completed in 1988. Its programs include Cabinetmaking and Wood Technology, Electrical Technology, and first-year Residential Remodeling Technology.


Woolworth Building

The Woolworth Building was completed in 1965, and then known as Shop Building 3. It was renamed the Woolworth Building in 1976. Programs housed in this building include Plumbing Technology.

Additional Locations

The following buildings are located a short distance from the Main Campus.

Greiner Advanced Manufacturing Center

Greiner Advanced Manufacturing Center

599 Chesapeake Street, Lancaster, PA 17601. Computer Integrated Machining; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration; and Metals Fabrication and Welding Technology

Griscom Education Center

Griscom Education Center

1100 East Orange Street, Lancaster, PA 17602. Please use Orange Street to access. This building houses the following programs: Architectural Technology, Business Administration, Computer Software Engineering Technology, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Engineering CAD Technology, Graphic Communications and Printing Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Residential Remodeling Technology (second year), and Water and Environmental Technology. This site also has the Bulldog Cafe and the Counseling office, along with a Health Center staffed with a nurse.

Greenfield building

Thaddeus Stevens College at Greenfield

1812 Colonial Village Lane, Lancaster, PA 17601 is where Civil Engineering Construction Technology, Masonry Construction Technology, and Welding Technology lab spaces are housed.

Transportation Center Building

Transportation Center

400 Ben Franklin Blvd., Lancaster, PA 17601; includes the College’s Automotive Technology, Collision Repair Technology, and Diesel Technology program spaces.